Work With Us
2018 Spring/Summer Internship
Paid Intern, Georgetown Center on Poverty and Inequality (2 opportunities) – Georgetown University Law Center
The Georgetown Center on Poverty and Inequality (GCPI) works with policymakers, researchers, practitioners, and advocates in developing effective policies and practices that alleviate poverty and inequality in the United States. The Center’s areas of anti-poverty work include national, state, and local policy and program recommendations that help marginalized girls, promote effective workforce and education policies and programs for disconnected youth, and develop policy to combat deep poverty. The Center seeks two (2) temporary paid interns to support its Economic Security and Opportunity Initiative (ESOI) for the development of policy solutions that would reduce poverty in America.
The Intern provides research and administrative support to a Co-Director and other staff in duties that include but are not limited to:
- Performs document editing, review, and formatting, and develops charts.
- Provides logistics coordination and administrative support for convenings, events, meetings, and phone conferences.
- Handles communications and media outreach and support.
- Supports development, operations, and other activities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Social science research experience
- Commitment to the values of GCPI’s ESOI
There are currently no available positions with the Economic Security and Opportunity Initiative team.